Friday, September 10, 2010

L.O.S.T

Few days back, I received sms'es to attend an interview. The position is Marketing Development Exec in Contronix Tech. Don't ask me what Contronix means. No idea.

This company is a Singaporean company. *Guess so*. It has an office at KL.

I rejected the invitation to go for the interview. There you go opportunity. Flaps your wings and flies away...

I guess, being a teacher, which happens to have lots of holidays, has turned me into a spoilt person. I didn't think twice and pushed my luck away. *Open the door and slam it on my face*

And now I regret. I have always wanted to work in marketing field for cheese sake. But then, I don't want to forgo the luxury of school holidays. *yummy* But I hate teaching students who wouldn't want to learn. Arrogant and no manners. Not all of them but most of them. That's enough to make my life a hell. May be if the opportunity comes during school days, I'd love to try my luck for the interview.

But working in KL? Whoa, that's too far from mom. Who will stay with her while I'm away? Guess I have made the right decision. Stay in this small little peaceful town and who knows, I might be able to strike a job as lecturer in UUM or UNIMAP or Matriculation. Now, where is my Master Degree application form...


3 comments:

  1. *pad pad on the shoulder*
    yea, nobody understand, who will stay with our mums while we are away? it's hard to leave her alone again (the first time would be when we have to be in uni). when ppl ask, and you explain, they will mostly think it as your excuse. They will never know why are we struggling...
    dun worry, my friend. every job will bring you to happiness and success if you thrive it well. bestest luck to you! *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally someone that understands. Amen. Thanks girl.

    When I was away from home, and I called every nights, she would seems so lonely, though she never mentioned it, but I can always "hear" and feel the loneliness. It was like the echo of my empty heart too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I kinda know how lonely my parents get, especially my Mother, when both (now, my brother and I are away) of us are out here.

    My Mom calls me more often now; and like all Moms, she didn't (NEVER!!!) mention the loneliness but I can feel it. I wanted to move back and be closer to them, but I know that's not she would have wanted for me. :(

    She wants me to be out here where all the opportunities lie; and I just don't want to be here because it's downright cold blooded and harsh, it's just so difficult. And it gets lonely at times, too.

    She wants me to work in KL with greater exposure and better pay. Being the eldest, I wish I could help the family but, staying in KL is really making it hard. HAHA. With all the entertainment: the shopping (!!!), the food, the nightlife...

    I think although lower pay in hometown, I could have save more money. Until now, I don't have any savings. GREAT!

    I am as lost as you.

    HELP!

    ReplyDelete